Catering Rules & Regulations
We thank you for choosing Prime Catering to host your upcoming function. In order to ensure a successful event, please allow us to provide you with the following catering information:
Food & Beverage
The menus in our package are suggested selections: Our Executive Chef would be pleased to customize menus to suit any taste and occasion (minimum of 50 guests). Prices do not include 15% service charge or applicable government taxes on all food and beverage.
Offsite events are subject to limited menu selections, a minimum number of guests, and transportation fees.
In compliance with health regulations, no food or beverage may be brought into or removed from the banquet area unless previously arranged with your catering specialist.
We are pleased to offer special dietary menus. Please discuss any requirements with your Catering Specialist. Please ensure that the Catering Specialist is aware of all allergies in your group a minimum of fourteen 14 days prior to your function. Severe allergies must be identified as soon as possible.
A minimum of 25 guests are required for all plated meals. Multiple entrées may be selected (entrées ONLY) with a maximum of two (2) choices; $2.50 per person will apply. Orders must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to your function.
All catered food and beverages served in the hotel are to be provided by Prime Catering. Buffet products will be displayed for a maximum of one and a half hours at any function to ensure the quality and integrity of the product.
If you wish to serve your wedding cake as a plated dessert, one or more sheet cake versions must be supplied for plating purposes. The kitchen will include a garnish. A $2.50 per plate service charge will apply. Should you wish to provide your wedding cake for self-service, our Chefs will pre-cut your cake for a $20.00 flat fee.
The catering department must be notified of the guaranteed number of guests attending the function(s) no later than 14 days prior to the event. We will accept 10% variance up to three (3) business days without penalty. Billing will reflect whichever number is greater. Prime Catering reserves the right to provide alternative function space suited to the group’s requirements.
Start and Finish Times
The space is only booked for the time indicated on your function contract. Set-up and dismantling times are to be specified at the time of booking. Start and end times cannot be altered unless authorized by Prime Catering in advance.
Liquor service for all events ends at 12:00am, with consumption and vacating of premises by 1:00am. Bands and DJ specific entertainment cannot commence until 9:00pm and must be completed by 12:30am unless previously arranged.
Deposits and Method of Payment – Corporate Events
Full payment is due 14 days prior to event unless previous credit arrangements have been established. Credit arrangement payment must be made within 30 days of the event. The event must be guaranteed by pre-approved credit card or pre-approved credit account set up through the Catering Specialist. Please allow two (2) weeks to set up a credit account. A minimum $500.00 deposit is required for all private functions without a credit account. Deposits are refundable on written cancellation of at least six (6) months prior to the function.
Deposits and Method of Payment – Weddings
- A deposit of $1,000.00 is due to reserve your date. Event may be cancelled six (6) months prior for a 50% refund.
- Additional payment is due six (6) months from date to 25% of forecasted revenue.
- 50% of balance is due 30 days from your event date.
- Balance is due 14 days prior to your event. Miscellaneous expenses must be cleared within 14 days of your event.
These are guidelines; your Catering Specialist will work with you on specific terms. All terms will be in a signed contract.
Cancellation of a confirmed booking less than 30 days from the event will incur a cancellation penalty; 15 – 29 days, full room rental; 7 – 14 days, full room rental, and 25% of anticipated food and beverage; 3-6 days, full room rental and 50% of anticipated food and beverage; less than 72 business hours, full room rental and 100% of anticipated food and beverage sales. Inclusive packages will default to listed full day room rates.
- Prime Catering reserves the right to inspect and control all private functions, including the conduct and performance of guests, entertainers, and audible level of music played.
- Prime Catering does not permit any article to be fastened onto walls or electrical fixtures. The use of tacks, tape, nails, screws, bolts, or any tools which could mark the floors, walls, or ceilings is prohibited. Prime Catering will hold the organization and the organization’s guests responsible for any and all damage to hotel property.
- Any signage used on the convention floor should be of professional quality. Requests to place promotional materials, signage etc. in the main lobby should be directed to your Catering Specialist.
- If you plan to include any live or recorded music during your function, a fee will be applied to your final bill. This fee will be submitted to SOCAN and RE:Sound in compliance with copyright law, which states that royalties must be paid to the original composers and authors of recorded music.
For functions with music and dance, a SOCAN fee of $63.49 plus GST and a Re:Sound fee of $55.52 plus GST will be charged. For functions playing only music a SOCAN fee of $31.72 plus GST and a Re:Sound of $27.76 plus GST will be charged. For more information visit www.socan.ca and www.resound.ca.
- Prime Catering is not responsible for any lost, left behind, stolen equipment, or property left on premises. Conveners are recommended to take out their own
insurance policy to cover equipment and display equipment.
- Client needs to provide Prime Catering with a liquor license, receipt of all liquor purchased, and host liability insurance.
It is very important to advise your Catering Specialist if you will be shipping boxes to the hotel for your upcoming meeting. Delivered materials can arrive no earlier than 72 hours in advance of events. A storage charge will be applied for each box being stored on-site over 72 hours. You must also provide name of meeting room, date of event, and name of person who is looking after your group. We will not be held responsible for any loss.